Saturday and Sunday, October 11-12, 2014
11:00am – 4:00pm
In keeping with National Spinning and Weaving Week, our Autumn Extravaganza explores RIGID HEDDLE (RH) weaving, along with both spindle spinning and wheel spinning. Donna Smith, Irish Ridge Alpacas, (Cottage Grove, WI) will spin on her favorite Ashford Traditional wheel and weave on her two RH looms. She likes the versatility and ease in carrying of her RH’s, and looms many alpaca projects. The inexpensiveness of the RH caught the attention of fiber artist Tina Rippy (Rockford, IL). Tina, a felter/spindler and now weaver, demonstrates weaving on a RH with natural colored roving and locks… then cuts it off the loom and wet felts it! Fiber synergy in motion!
Bringing her expertise at spindling, Colleen Tuma, (Orangeville, IL) maker of spindles, noste pinne’s and other fiber tools, will demonstrate spinning on a supported spindle. We will use an Ashford Blending Board to create textural rolags for spindle spinning/wheel spinning/felting… come see how it works!
Our “make it and take it” NEEDLE FELTING session will be led by Carol Dewitt, Rocky Ridge Alpacas, (Cottage Grove, WI). Come join in the fun!
Visit our woolen mill and fiber shop stocked with:
- Yarn from the barn – artisan yarns in natural colors or hand-dyed in Merino/Mohair and 100% Wool in sport weight, worsted and bulky weights.
- ***New*** Washed fleeces – Ready to dye, blend, spin; raw fleeces also! Choose from beautiful Blue Face, CVM/Merino fine wools, or luxurious English Leicester.
- New spinning/felting blends – Andy’s Autumn Leaves, Peacock, Autumn Glory, Celtic Woods… and classic natural colored rovings.
- Art Batts – For wet felting or Baby Lock… FAB-U-LOCS for embellishment!
- Warm & Wooly Blankets… woven in the USA with our wool!
- Jacquard Dyes, Silk Scarves and Needlefelting Supplies
- Ashford Rigid Heddle Looms… Blending Boards also available
- Rainbow Carding Company can process your wool “plain” or “fancy”… with glitz or accent luxury fibers/dyed lock wool!
- Chemical Free Lamb, Turkeys, Chickens – Licensed, USDA inspected.
- Breeding Stock – blue Face, CVM ewes, lambs, rams… ask about our “retired ewes”
- ***Eclectic Gifts are mixed throughout the shop; curiosities, vintage, unusual books…
- Holiday Open House November 22-23, 29-30 2014
- Fair Trade Holiday Festival Dec. 5, Monona Terrace, Madison 10:00-5:00
- Our Spring Shearing Show: April 18-19, 2015